Is it December yet?! Haha! No, but you know we’re gettin’ closer, especially now that today is October 1st! It’s the perfect day to sit down and go through your holiday checklist. If you don’t have one, I have a few FREE Christmas printables here. And I also shared ready-made Christmas planners you can buy here.
If you are a busy, time-crunched mom like me, you know time (and sometimes money) can be really limited. That’s why I want us to make some time this week, even if it’s just a few spare minutes, to go through a Holiday checklist.
Short & Sweet Holiday Checklist
- ___ Look at your calendar & plug in the BIG items (what’s your family doing for Halloween, Thanksgiving, Christmas, etc.)
- ___ Add the secondary BIG items (school activities, kids’ sports, church events, volunteering, etc…)
- ___ Make a simple budget to get your through the next 85 days!
If you want to be a bit more detailed, you can add a few of these:
- Figure out “fall festival” or “trick or treat” plans for your kids this month!
- Don’t wait to buy costumes and candy — the good stuff tends to go fast!
- Schedule a family photoshoot (if you’re doing one!)
- Update your Christmas card mailing list (if you’re sending them!)
- Meal plan (to help save money — I’m trying!) 🙂
- Start a MASTER Christmas gift list/wish list for your family (and start looking for deals!)
- Make more money!
- You could plan a Garage Sale, sell stuff on Ebay, or sign up on sites like Swagbucks to make a little extra side income. (Here’s my Swagbucks referral link if you want to check it out!)
Don’t over-complicate this. Keep it short & sweet. This doesn’t have to be a detailed Christmas manifesto. It’s just you and me, time-crunched mamas, doing our best to plan ahead, tell our time and money what to do, and get to the holiday season in one piece … and with more peace.
Laughing (and checking things off the list) thru life,